PolyBak™ is a polymer impregnated Kraft liner board, and is unique in the backer and overlay market due to its moisture resistance, strength, flexibility and extensive variety of products offered. Unlike competing paper backers, PolyBak is not brittle, allowing it to be rolled and bent without breaking. It is most often used in the following applications:
- Balancing substrates faced with laminates or veneers
- As a crossband in plywood construction, PolyBak provides a smooth surface for painting or overlays such as veneer and vinyl
- Medium Density Overlay (MDO) for exterior signage and related applications
- High Density Overlay (HDO) for concrete form application
- Provides a paintable overlay for a wide variety of substrates
How is PolyBak™ made?
PolyBak™ is uniquely manufactured by impregnating Kraft liner board with a polymer resin using a proprietary process. No formaldehyde is used in the manufacturing of PolyBak and it does not emit any detectable volatile compounds. PolyBak is sold in rolls and sheets. With proper storage in a dry, cool location, PolyBak is a stable product with an unlimited shelf life.
The PolyBak Advantage
Just a few of the many advantages PolyBak provides:
- The largest and most complete range of performance options available
- Extremely flexible, yet stronger than the competition
- Unlimited shelf life
- No added formaldehyde
- GreenGuard Gold Certified
- Class A Flame Spread Rating on most models